Sunday, July 3, 2011

To Rajasthan!

For the last two weeks, I've been in Ahmedabad, India, enjoying the company of close family members and living in thorough comfort. Just when I started to feel like I could happily live here for a little while, it's time to go. The looming departure obviously helped induce this deep desire to stay, as it did in every city in Europe. That being said, I have the joy of knowing I will be back in Ahmedabad soon enough. And! Tomorrow morning, I fly to Delhi and begin my two-and-a-half week tour of Rajasthan (a state in northern India) with two of my best friends. They're both a handful though, so it'll be tough. On to India: Part Two!

Since I have been so occupied with the rest of the world, I haven't been deeply homesick aside from the occasional friend craving and parent craving and Texas food craving. That is, until today, when my parents officially moved out of the house we lived in for 20 years. So for a couple of minutes, I gave that old home my brainspace.

Gujurat, out.

P.S. I'm supposed to meet Eric at Cafe Coffee Day in the arrival area of Terminal 3 in the Delhi airport. This is another place I can check in case I forget. :P

No comments: