Monday, July 11, 2011

Guessing Game

Hello reader. So for the last week I've been traveling with Eric and Shyam through northern India. The following two pictures are previews of two albums I'll be putting together when I get back to the States. Go ahead and guess the album themes.


We have been to palaces and forts and temples, and we have gone on a safari and been stared down by packs of cute monkeys. This is a strange country to travel, and it can be hard since you're drowned by a vast poverty that pours into even the richest streets and has to be part of the country's definition. I asked someone in a store if there was a place to throw my soda can, and I was told to just throw it in the street. While India is so beautiful, you get the sense that its people need to gain a more practical sense of community for its people to escape this poverty. Being here is like living some kind of absurdist comedy.

Its chain is attached to nothing. Welcome to India.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty place, funny moments, cute animals!

p.s. I miss you, and I'm glad yall are having such a great time!