Saturday, July 30, 2011

Home

So I'm back in Texas, and my travels are essentially over. I have lots of thoughts swirling in my head about the whole thing, so I'll probably continue to get them out in posts or (more likely) keep them all in my head. Regardless, my two months on the move were some of the most incredible and eye-opening I've lived. When you're tossed free and loose into the world without much to ground you, without a home to make your base or a person to continue to see every day, you learn a lot about yourself and the world around you. Those "constants" sort of protect your brain from all the other nuances the world is filled with. When you're around a certain group of family/friends every day for a long period, your actions and behaviors are more and more reflecting your interactions with those people. This also goes for your environment. During the parts of my trip where I was along hopping around, my environment and the people around me were constantly changing, and my mind was left hanging in the wind. It's a liberating feeling.

No comments: